Somewhat long overdue release! Here’s what’s new:
- Piece animation has been added. This may require a fairly modern browser.
- The game log can now be viewed as a compact paragraph instead of a table.
- Problems with ill-behaved themes (including the 2010 default WordPress theme) leading to badly spaced boards have been addressed.
- Boards and pieces are now separately themed, and can be chosen independently of each other. A few new themes have been added.
- A problem with FEN strings specifying Black’s turn has been fixed.
- An issue with numeric annotation glyphs has been fixed.
- Various other user interface fixes and tweaks.
As usual, here is the Chess By Blog blurb page. You can download the release directly from the wordpress server: chess-by-blog.1.1.5.zip, or first take a look at the Chess by Blog page on wordpress.org.
Please post any questions or issues in the comments. If you are having issues, please be sure to post what browser and what version you are using. Happy chess playing!